SHE

shuting. Christian, Sagittarius, NYJCian, avid lover of music, the piano, the guzheng, art, books, manga, food, Final Fantasy, shopping, get-togethers, daydreaming, writing and many-things-Japan, and is the occasional insomniac. She also mood-swings. ph34r.

TOMODACHI

@}-- UMOJA - 05A1
@}-- THE HC-ERS
@}-- Adeline
@}-- Candace
@}-- Chee Kiang
@}-- David
@}-- Emiko
@}-- Eunice
@}-- Jialing
@}-- Louise
@}-- Magdalene
@}-- May
@}-- Rebecca
@}-- Serene
@}-- Siti
@}-- Shannen
@}-- Shuyi
@}-- Swee Wei
@}-- Sylvia
@}-- Vincent
@}-- Xinyi
@}-- Yi Cheng
@}-- Yiling
@}-- Ying Hui
@}-- Yvonne
@}-- Zhi Wei

FOOTPRINTS

MISC

<bgsound src="http://shutingshoots.tripod.com/sayonara.mp3" loop=infinite>
ORANGE RANGE - SAYONARA

ARCHIVES

@}-- February 2005
@}-- March 2005
@}-- April 2005
@}-- May 2005
@}-- June 2005
@}-- July 2005
@}-- August 2005
@}-- September 2005
@}-- October 2005
@}-- November 2005
@}-- December 2005
@}-- January 2006
@}-- February 2006
@}-- March 2006
@}-- April 2006
@}-- May 2006
@}-- June 2006
@}-- July 2006
@}-- August 2006
@}-- September 2006
@}-- October 2006
@}-- November 2006
@}-- December 2006

6/22/2005

'I believe in karma - what you give is what you get in return'

For the first time, I'm wondering: what have I done?!

Never mind about that. Bleh.

'...I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side...
...I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye...'
~ Savage Garden - Affirmation

HAHA! I'm an idiot! I should have known better than to ask my mom where my things were. She embarked on a lecture that lasted like one hour. She went from saying I was irresponsible to saying I was a slacker (like my dad), to the fact that I can't do housework, to how I'm always out and with my friends, to how I'm probably going to run off the next moment and whine to my friends about how awful she is. Well, I'm probably doing this now. But the main point is this. She said:

"I've raised you for so many years, I know you inside-out, I know what you're thinking, what you want to say, what you want to do. You're probably thinking all sorts of negative stuff about me. You're probably hating me because I'm scolding you again. You don't know how a mother feels."

AH?! *makes buzzer sound* 100% wrong. Seems like my mom doesn't know me inside-out at all. One thing she doesn't know about me is that I'm a very fair person. AND I always look at things from different perspectives, or put myself in others shoes. That's the reason why I can never hate anyone too much. That's the reason why I seldom fully sympathise with other people either. I don't know why I'm like this. But if you grew up discriminated in all your primary school years, you wouldn't be so quick to point a finger and judge too.

Anyway, I'm annoyed because she's yelling at me (while I'm trying to STUDY, no less). I mean, if you were being scolded, would you sit there and think, 'hey, this feels good, man!'? I don't know how a mother feels? I don't know how my own mother feels? Of course I know. I jjust never showed it. (I've learnt that shutting up shortens the scolding by a LOT. I would have talked back - I was on the verge to, but I'm not going to risk my study time. PLus, she was sitting next to me, IRONING her clothes. LOL.) Maybe I'm too proud? *shrugs*

I realize that if I understand her feelings, I'm not doing a very good job at being a good and 'xiao shun' daughter too.

I am such a idiot.

Anyway. Did anyone take my Chinese exercise book by accident during hardcore study group? It has like thousands of 'ciyu' and 'chengyu' meanings inside... all painstakingly taken down and collected across a span of five months... I'm very proud of it! It has sentimental value.. Please return it if you find it, okay? T_T

BLAH. *not happy*

POSITIVE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS OF TOURISM

REGULATORY MEASURES
can help offset the negative impacts of tourism. eg. limiting visitor numbers and protecting animals in reserves and parks. can help to maintain the integrity of wildlife reserves and even revive endangered species.

RAISING ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS
ppl come in closer contact with nature, therefore can understand better about the surroundings. will increase public appreciation of nature and awareness of environmental problems. this leads to promotion of environmentally-conscious behaviour and activities to protect teh environment. interest in historic buildings and sites may promote funding to conserve and maintain them.

FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS
direct - from earnings from parks and wildlife reserves, etc. can be allocated to pay for the research and protection of environmentally sensitive aeas
indirect -- from government revenue, taxes, license fees for activities. can be used to pay labourers working in parks, pay park maintenance fees (bleh)

PROMOTE ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING
-sound environmental management of tourist facilities increases benefits to natural areas. requires careful planning for controlled development with analysis of environmental resources of the tourist area
-early planning for dev minimises damaging and expensive mistakes & prevents the gradual deterioration of environmental assets impt to tourism...

(Shit. Can't they put all this in simpler terms?! It's so difficult to digest and memorise.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Credits

Layout by Yanagi for Radical Dreamers Designs